28 March 2013

Anticipation

I can't wait to get my hands on my first canvas of the new club I ordered!  It's a long weekend for me and I am hoping that when I get to the mailbox today, it will be there.  I haven't been so excited since I started my last Tony class!  There is just something about putting that first stitch onto a blank (or painted) canvas that makes the adrenaline flow wildly.  Seriously, I believe that you either were meant to needlepoint, or you weren't.  The high that comes from needlepointing is intoxicating to me.  I can think of a lot of other things I could be addicted to that are harmful, and I guess if I bought needlepoint before I paid my house payment and bills, I might need an intervention, but to be honest, if I put one stitch in each and every unstitched canvas I have in my stash, I'd be busy until sometime next year.  And the amount of adrenaline that would flow everyday would probably put me in a tizzy or worse. Thankfully, I'm not worrying anyone yet!

I did "play" with my stash this past week.  I made sure it was all on my inventory list and wondered if I was willing to donate any to my local guild's stash sale (well, not yet, but there are some that my admiration of is waning).  I really should be one of those people that buy and stitch one thing at a time, but that's just not how I stitch.  I work on one canvas until I feel the pull of another.  It's always funny to go back to the one I put down, because I usually wonder, why did I ever put this one down, it's so much fun to work on.  Funny how the moods change from day to day.  My husband always mentions the amount of money I must have invested in my stash and I just remind him, it's cheaper than therapy, right?  And I'm really doing my best to stimulate the economy! It was so much fun to go through everything and remember all the fun I had shopping for these pieces.  I'm truly blessed to have wonderful shops close that have wonderful owners and employees who make needlepoint so much fun.

If I don't get my new club today, I think I will focus on stitching Slava this weekend. I really love this piece and it is so much fun to work on.  I think the onion dome is calling my name.  Perhaps I'll even work on my stitch guide for my Amanda Lawford 30" Nutcracker Santa.  I will be making a thread trip to the shops soon and should probably stock up for a couple of unkitted projects.

I hope everyone has a very happy Easter or Passover (or both).  It's a special season and if nothing else, I hope you get to spend some time with family and/or friends celebrating the blessings of life.  I think we truly lose sight of those, sometimes, when everything else in the world gets a little crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment