21 March 2013

A New Club!!

Okay, I know I'm in some kind of trouble.  Today is a day I wish I were single.  Those days are rare, very rare, but today, yep, single would be ideal!  I can hear my husband's voice inside of my head screaming and yelling, "But you have how many clubs that you haven't finished and you just signed up for another one!?!?"  Yes, that is exactly what I will hear out loud on the day the first canvas arrives.  Perhaps I should change the mailing address to my work address.  Hmmmm. 

I just couldn't resist it.  I can actually answer his question, I have 6 that are kitted, 3 with the stitch guides that I need to get threads for, and 3 that I need to write stitch guides for.  Of course, I can only call 5 of them actual clubs, one was a chapter project, the rest are just series, but could have been clubs somewhere.  The kitted ones are at least half done!  And I have finished one series!!  I can only respond with, "But Hon, the one with the most needlepoint has the most crowded funeral!!  All your stitching friends are sure to show up even if it is just for the goodie bags!"  He never laughs at that.  Perhaps I just need a different husband with a sense of humor . . . no, I married him, I'll just have to stand my ground. 

I can't help myself!  This is so worth it! 

The second needlepoint shop I ever stepped into was in college, in Lubbock, TX, Pocket Full of Stitches.  That was in the mid-80s.  At least I think it was only the second one.  The first I know was Needlepoint Junction in Amarillo, TX which is no longer in business (and hasn't been for some time so I'm telling my age here, but remember, I started stitching when I was 2! Okay, I was a little older than that, but it was my great-grandmother MeMaw that taught me, so I couldn't have been much older!).  Anyway, the new club at Pocket Full of Stitches, All Cracked Up by Kelly Clark, is just wonderful!  It is exclusive to PFOS, so my theory stands - every shop has something wonderful that shouldn't be missed.  I'm sure if I actually walked into PFOS, I'd find more than just this club that I would have to have, so I'm grateful to cyberspace today.

I can't wait to get my hands on these little guys.  I love the way that Kelly puts colors together.  Here is how it is described on Kelly's website:  "These are the most festive Needlepoint Nutcrackers we have ever seen! There are 3 each in Four festive color palettes!"  Oh, they do sing to me!!  The flamingo pink and lime green, the blue and green that reminds me of the sea, the red and green traditional colors, and the animal print!!  Oh my!  Love, love, love these!  So, since I haven't been so excited about a series in a while, I think I deserve to participate.  See these guys for yourself stitched at www.pfos.com or canvas alone at Kelly's website under Exclusive Series - All Cracked Up.  When I called, I was so jealous when I heard that the ladies had so much fun stitching them for the shop.  Man, to have already started stitching on one. . . ! Sigh!!

Okay, I know I get a little excited from time to time, but the adrenaline is flowing and I refuse to worry about what will come tomorrow - after all tomorrow is another day.  Hopefully, I'll get my first little guy soon and can stick him on stretcher bars and just "ooooh" and "aaaaah" my way through my husband's fit. 

I feel a little like the lady in that commercial who is standing in front of the Mervyn's store saying, "Open, open, open!"  I just can't wait!!  Gee, I hope I can sleep tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment